Friday, June 5, 2009

[ An Interruption ]

[ As the last posting was 'The End of Section One', for those that didn't notice the label, thot to
take this chance to clarify a few things before continuing with what has proven to be yet another
narrative of sorts, with its own possible plots, deliberately buried tho' they are in multiple choice.

Initially, as can be gleaned from my early postings, (especially the latter part of the second one),
I was hoping and expecting that this project would turn easily to what , for lack of any term
whatever from any other source, I call a 'series form'. They are much easier to do, entailing less involvement in the fabrication of plotting and entangling me less in idea after idea until I get so far ahead of myself I need to make too many notes.


Tho' I am enjoying doing this 'Frog' blog tale and intend to carry on with it, it has already
acquired, behind the scenes a lot of ins & outs, and even a conclusion of sorts.

Whereas, in a 'series form' I will let phrase after phrase of mere noun-adjective, sometimes
a bit of ad/verb object descriptions continue on, grouping after grouping, until an almost-
mosaic presents itself. Sometimes with a character or three or many, sporadically appearing
---or more often their objects.
The only plot that emerges is a sort of plot by default, full of many gaps in time and filled
with a wide array of loosely related connections.

'The Tickled Frog' did not 'wish' to be only that, so I had to go where it wanted. And will
continue to do so.

But, in my true personal tradition of counterintuitively compensating for one excess by taking
on yet another, I am intending to soon begin a second writing blog, unrelated to
the contents of the 'Frog' story, but instead a true 'series form' wherein I can present this other
way of writing to those who may understand.


In the meantime, to spice up the coming chapter mixes for 'Section Two' of this blog tale,
I will add here a string of new word fodder generated again using the dictionary, (as explained
in the early posts).

This working list comes first from the principal words in the latest Blogger random question,
(which 'should have' been worded differently), set up two nights ago:

unlike, dog, turtle, ever, naked, always, pants, took, three, minutes, remember,one.

Respectively add: anoint, smear; halter, noose; corn, corncob; evidence; playing card...rump;
rise, lift for shoes; bedroom slipper; to collide with, run into; complexion, skin; behind me;
mockery; ounce, wildcat, small tiger.

Hey, an' I was going to put a dog in it anyway. You can also expect me to combine some of the previous chapters in somewise--also a surefire way to comb out some unexpected images.


Were there an obvious way to do it on a blog, that suited me, I'd give the Sections titles as well,
as in some of my on-paper projects. You can create them, if they don't simply emerge from
your text creation, by making an anagram of some previous chapter titles of your own or
from some 'source' title. Or do a random word search of some type in the dictionary.

By the way, and in closing, were I to be doing a 'series form' as mentioned I might very likely
take the found words just as they are for starters, then repeat them and recombine them
until they gradually make stranger and longer phrases, ( but almost never complete sentences).
And then continue on like that until the entire book is finished.

That's it for now, from your reluctant peed-ant. Until elsewhen, Grimes.]